Thursday, December 11, 2008

Portuguese Kale Soup

Just found this today. 5 ingredients!

1 lb of chorizo (or another spicy sausage), sliced
1 med-large onion, diced
8-12 cups of chicken stock
1 10 oz box of frozen kale (thawed & drained) or a few handfuls of fresh kale (spinach works too)
3-4 cubed potatoes (sometimes I use sweet potatoes instead)

Saute onions in a little oil. Add stock. Add sliced sausage. Bring to a boil. Add kale. Reduce heat & simmer until sausage is done and the potatoes & kale are tender.

No need to add salt or pepper as the chorizo has all the seasoning you need.

2 comments:

2WeeMonsters said...

This sounds yummy (and familiar- is it from Simply in Season??) I'll have to try next time it's a soup night & I don't know what to do.

Dawn D. Lion said...

I actually haven't made it yet, so let me know how it is!