Saturday, January 8, 2011

Moosewood Fudge Brownies

I love these. And I love that I can make them in a small portion that's a little more reasonable (since I have been known to eat a whole pan if the moon's right, if you know what I mean...) My substitutions in parentheses.

Ingredients:
1/4 c. coconut oil
1/4 c. peanut butter (could replace these two with 1/2 c. butter)
1/2 c. chocolate chips, darkest and best quality you can get.
1 c. brown sugar (I use 3/4c. sucanat)
1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
1/2 c. all-purp flour (I use whole wheat)

Preheat oven to 350'. Grease a 8 inch square pan (I like them thick and chewy so I use a bread pan, lower the heat to 325' after 10 minutes and bake a bit longer).

In a heavy-bottomed pot, melt butter and chocolate chips on low. (If using a nut butter, add after removing from heat).

In a bowl, add all remaining ingredients. Beat with a mixer til well blended. Add melted chocolate & mix. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes.

No comments: