Monday, January 18, 2010

Pumpkin Black Bean Soup

Pumpkin Black Bean Soup
(adapted from Bon Appetit and originally posted at AMU) (posted by Carol)

Yield - 2 servings

1 15 oz can pumpkin (or equivalent amount of fresh, cooked pumpkin)
1 15 oz can coconut milk, regular or light
1 15 oz can black beans, drained
1 cup vegetable or chicken stock
2 tsp ground cumin
lime juice
chopped cilantro to taste
salt to taste

In heavy saucepan, heat cumin over medium heat for ~ 30 seconds. Add pumpkin, beans, coconut milk and stock. Cook until hot and flavors meld. Add 1-2 Tbsp of fresh lime juice and cilantro to taste. Add salt if needed. Serve with chopped cilantro on top.

My Notes:
I discovered this recipe on a forum I frequent. I assume sharing is good! I love how fast and good this is.

I use parsley or skip it as DH hates Cilantro.

No comments: