Sunday, February 22, 2009

Roasted Cauliflower

OMG. This is so amazing, it never actually makes it to the plate, ever. Al and I look like vultures over a carcass fighting over pieces. I came across this online and thought "Really? Roast cauliflower?" But, I promise, this is the very best way I've ever eaten cauliflower. And is sooooo easy.

Preheat oven to 450 degrees

In a large bowl combine:
1/4 C olive oil
juice 1 lemon
2 cloves garlic, mashed
salt and pepper to taste

Chop 1 head of cauliflower into florets, toss into lemon oil mixture.
Dump all into a large baking dish to make one even layer, drizzle leftover lemon oil mix on top.
Roast 12-15 minutes or so. You want slightly burnt pieces, not too burnt though.

Remove from oven and devour!

I imagine you could roast nearly any veggie this way, but this is hands down our favorite.

3 comments:

Dawn D. Lion said...

Yum! It was delicious!

dorima said...

I found the pieces that had been drenched with the lemon oil were delicious~ but some pieces were very dry. Would you cover a dish like this to trap moisture?

Sonya Patterson said...

I wouldn't cover it, you'd miss the wonderful browning that goes on. Maybe up the amount of liquids or toss a little more to make sure everything was well coated.