Monday, May 25, 2009

Linsey's Green Pasta Sauce

OK, so I've sorta worked out a loose recipe for this (which Linsey had at playgroup last week). We've eaten it twice in the past week with different greens and it's a big hit even with Jim who is honestly the least likely to eat spinach of all of us!

(note: all measurements are loose so feel free to fiddle with it)
combine in blender (or my new favorite toy: Magic Bullet):
1 Tbs Tahini
2 Tbs. water
2-3 cloves fresh garlic
2 Tbs parmesan
blend til smooth

Add 2-3 c. of fresh soft greens (chard w/out the spines, spinach arugula or a combo thereof) and blend til it's a smooth sauce. You might need to add a bit more water so your blender works. This makes about 3/4 c. sauce which I toss with noodles and serve.

This makes more than enough to cover a pound of spaghetti.

3 comments:

Linsey said...

I usually make it with Tamari too. The original recipe was, I think, 1 bunch cilantro, bunch parsley, maybe 1/2c tahini and a couple tbl tarari, garlic and water to the the consistency you prefer.

Heather M. said...

I made Sylwinn's version last night and felt it needed a little salt. I also added some red pepper flakes, but I add spice to almost everything I eat.

2WeeMonsters said...

oh yeah, salt. and pepper to taste :) I often forget salt, sorry!