Sunday, April 26, 2009

Macaroni & Cheese

This is my friend Jill's recipe. It's handy for playdates and potlucks.


Macaroni and Cheese

3 C. cooked macaroni
1 T. butter or margarine
2 C. Evaporated Milk
3 C. shredded Cheese
1/4 C. finely chopped green pepper (optional)
1/4 C. chopped onion (optional)
1 t. salt
1/4 t. Pepper

Toss macaroni with butter. Add remaining ingredients. Pour into a lightly greased crockpot. Cover and cook for 2 -3 hour, stirring once or twice.


Her notes:
Use any kind of noodles you want. Use whatever cheese you want as long as in melts well. I don't add the green pepper and onion because most people don't care for it.
2 C. of evaporated milk is annoying as it is sold in 12 oz. cans. I make up the difference from one cab with half and half instead of having leftover evaporated milk.

My note:
Watch it on high in the crockpot. I had to turn it down to low after 1.5 - 2 hours because it was cooking too much.

No comments: