Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Spring Greens dip

Everyone really liked this at BG so I thought I'd post it while procrastinating other things. I'd be interested to read other wild/spring green recipes. Since I am determined to start incorporating food from the backyard right now, I am basically limited to weeds and herbs : Wilted, early spring dandelion greens are not very bitter at all. Eat them while you can!

1 Large handful dandelion greens or any other spring or wild green. I think Lamb's Quarters would be fantastic, but they aren't up for another few weeks.
1 Small handful chives or wild onion tops (the green onions in everyone's lawn)
1/3-1/2 box cream cheese
1 cup or to taste of plain wholemilk yogurt.
Salt and pepper to taste

Chop and wilt greens in small amount of water. Drain.
Chop chives
Combine greens and onions/chives with yogurt and cream cheese. A handblender, of course, makes this easy and chops the greens up so fine no little ones will complain.

1 comment:

Heather M. said...

I tried it with some chard I had in the freezer. Tastes great!!! Thanks Linsey.