Saturday, October 25, 2008

Cookies

I have made these cookies at least 100 times. They are so adaptable and easy, and relatively healthy, too (no refined sugar.) I think they take about 3 minutes to throw together, aside from baking.

Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
(from the cookbook "Feeding the Whole Family.")

dry:
1 cup flour
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1/4 tsp salt

wet:
1/3 cup cooking oil (I use grapeseed oil)
1/2 cup maple syrup (or sub*)
1 tsp vanilla

mix together, then add chopped nuts and choc chips to taste (about 1/3 c. each.)
bake about 10 - 15 min.

Variations:
You can sub virtually any liquid sweetener. I made them last night with a combination of syrup, honey, and molasses and they were great.
Sub raisins for choc chips for vegan cookies, good for potlucks.
can sub melted butter for oil.
sub any other kind of dried fruit, or nut, or whatever you want to see put in a cookie.
:D

2 comments:

Linsey said...

I can attest, these are fantastic.

R said...

This are good! I made them with coconut oil and Hard White whole wheat flour. One batch I used Honey/Maple syrup and another Maple Syrup/Molasses.