Friday, November 7, 2008

Peanut Butter Cookies

The easiest cookies I've ever made! Zoe was able to help a lot and it was only a few minutes of prep. The whole batch fit on one big cookie sheet so the oven didn't have to be on long and I didn't have dozens of cookies sitting around to tempt me, just enough to satisfy my craving.

1 c. peanut butter (chunky or creamy, we use all-natural)
1 c. sugar, plus more for rolling
1 egg
(Seriously, those are the only ingredients! I was skeptical too, but it really works!)

1. Heat oven to 375. Stir together all ingredients.
2. Roll dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in sugar and place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
3. Press each ball down with a fork in 2 directions to make a criss-cross pattern. Bake for 10 minutes or until edges just start to brown. Cool on wire racks.

From Parents magazine, Oct. 2008

2 comments:

Linsey said...

Really? Thats it? I totally hear you on the quantity thing - I am always hesitant to bake cookies because it ends up being a cookie orgy for all of us for days. I'll have to try this one - I like how its gluten free without a lot of yucky rice flour and whatnot.

Observer said...

That sounds awesome--I love organic peanut butter. When I make cookies, I typically make a whole bunch of little balls and freeze most of them. I bake maybe 5 or so at a time. The problem is, if I'm desperate, I will also eat frozen cookie dough.